What conditions or symptoms does a gastroenterologist specialise in?
- Cancer of digestive organs and intestines
- Chronic inflammation
- Pancreatic disease
- Crohns disease
- Liver, gallbladder and biliary tree diseases
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Stomach ulcers
- Hiatal hernias
- Diarrhoea, constipation
- Fatty liver disease
- Bloating and indigestion
- Nausea and vomiting
- Unexplained weight loss or weight gain
What’s different about seeing a gastroenterologist at VisitHealth?Waiting for results and answers is probably one of the worst parts of feeling unwell. VisitHealth will schedule your appointment to see a gastroenterologist immediately, for a time to suit you, any day of the week. If needed, they will refer you for immediate tests that will give you results right away. Their priority is to understand your problem and solve it without delay.
What tests could a gastroenterologist recommend?
- Gastroscopy, colonoscopy or enteroscopy