What conditions or symptoms does an immunologist specialise in?
- Rheumatoid or osteoarthritis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Myositis (muscle inflammation)
- Allergies to environmental substances such as pollens, dander, mould, weed and dust
- Allergies to food such as nuts, milk egg, wheat, shellfish
- Nasal or sinus congestion
- Hives and swelling
- Shortness of breath
- Low blood pressure
What’s different about seeing an immunologist at VisitHealth?Waiting for results and answers is probably one of the worst parts of feeling unwell. If needed, they will refer you for immediate tests that will give you results right away. Their priority is to understand your problem and solve it without delay.
What tests could an immunologist recommend?
- Blood sample test
- Pulmonary function test
- Allergen immunotherapy
- Allergen exposure