Fujifilm Oasis Velocity MRIThe first of its kind in the UK, VisitHealth's Fujifilm Oasis Velocity MRI machine redefines the conventional MRI experience by combining leading-edge clinical performance with patient-care.Its revolutionary open design means there is no tunnel, which is especially appealing to bariatric, paediatric and claustrophobic patients. Fujifilm’s SynergyDrive, the latest in advanced high-field imaging, detects even the most subtle of anomalies. And its efficient, faster scanning performance cuts down on time needed on the bed, allowing us a deeper understanding of your problem without delay.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a technique that scans the body and produces detailed imagery of anatomy using strong magnetic fields and computer-generated radio waves. It is painless and non-invasive.
- Abdominal organs: liver, kidneys, spleen, bowel, pancreas and adrenal glands
- Pelvic organs: bladder and reproductive organs
- Blood vessels (including in a foetus while in utero)
- Lymph nodes
- Abdominal tumours
- Breast cancer
- Liver disease such as cirrhosis, or bile ducts/pancreas abnormalities
- Bowel inflammation caused by Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis or appendicitis
- Blood vessel inflammation (vasculitis)
- Soft tissue injuries and damaged ligaments
- Joint, spine and organ injury or disease
MRI scans do not hurt, but can be unpleasant because the patient lies in a noisy narrow tube or tunnel, sometimes for more than an hour. Our Oasis Velocity MRI has no tube. The patient lies on an 83cm wide bed and is moved through a wide arch which is open at all times. The machine easily accommodates patients of up to 300kg. Its faster scanning performance means less time needed on the bed. And with the latest technology in advanced high-field imaging and processing, image quality is increased for a more precise diagnosis. Visit Health will schedule your MRI scan for any time, day or night, any day of the week, to suit you.